Today, the workers started to take away the mosaics for the squatting toilet. At the beginning the Tauke did mention to take away the mosaics. I am even more alarmed that they only take away some of the mosaics... I am so sad and angry that I suggested to my mother not to continue the work. We shall pay for the work they had done up to today and also the tiles; at most it would only be 30% of the total work.
In the process of taking away the mosaics. 
When my brother came back for the lunch break, I told him about the mosaic. Then, he suggested to change a new squatting toilet. Then, I was thinking maybe it is possible to put the squatting toilet on the floor same level as others. However, after some analysis, I understand why they need to take the level. The piping for the sewage is above the ground. WHAT AN UGLY DESIGN !!! Shouldn't it be under the ground ? This is how the local construction in Sarikei; not up to the standard. Hence, it is not possible to lower the squatting toilet without changing the piping. :( Or should we changed it into a sitting toilet ?
We were making a mess with the contractors; arguing about the toilet and the mosaics. After some argument, we decided to let a plumber to decide what he/she can do about the toilet first and the constructors went home.
We are in dilemma!
~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
In the evening, my mother's friend came and saw the mess in the toilet. After a short discussion, we decided to have a few inches of the toilet floor to be cut. Besides that, she was suggesting for different type of tiles and would bring my mother to see the tiles the next day. Hence, my mother called the constructor informing him that we would like to have the tiles changed.
After my mother's friend had left. I was suggesting to my mother to tile only 2 sides of the wall in the kitchen. The original plan was tiling all the 4 sides and the kitchen floor. She also thinks that is quite a good idea.
~~~ Day 4 ~~~
I woke up quite early, earlier than the constructors. Soon, they came and start breaking the toilet. They had to break some bricks off. The jobs seems quite easy as the breaking session ends soon after.
My mother was asking about the walls and the floor, hoping the tauke would reduce the price which is about RM8K. Later, she went out together with the constructor and her friend to check out the tiles. At the mean time, the workers were applying the cement mortars on the toilet.
While they are taking break, I was checking on the toilet and playing with the leveller :P. Actually, I never used a leveller before, so I am not sure whether I am using it correctly. At some points, I found that the air trapped in it is a little left.
Checking out with the leveller. At some point, the bubble is a little to the left.
After having break, they started to pour cement onto the floor and level it. My mother was back with the constructor but she went out very soon after that. She is still looking for some tiles while the tauke said some of the new tiles are coming soon. How about the untiled walls ? Has he calculate the differences? No, he did not do so :(.
I was calling my mother hoping she is coming home soon. They only came back when the tiles arrived :(. After finishing unloading the new tiles and taking away the old tiles. The new tile are costing around RM900 more. :( My mother, my brother, my mother's friend and tauke sat down for discussion. Should tile all the walls ? How about the floor ? How much the cost will differ ?
Final decision = tiling 2 walls and the floor with reduction of RM600. Hence, I thought the cost will be reduced to RM7400 (RM8000-Rm600), which is reasonable. However, there was some confusion :(. My mother's friend was too kind to write the value down; RM8900-RM600.
That was a catastrophe !!!
After leveling the floor with mortar, all the workers went back home including the tauke. While we had to start preparing lunch.
My sister and her family arrived in the afternoon. We were discussing about the cost again and we were making some calculation. The tiles itself for both walls already cost RM600 !!!. So, he did not reduce the cost for man power :(. What can we do ???!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment