~~~ Day 24 ~~~
Finally, the renovation project was approaching its ending. The last task










was laying the tiles on the floor beneath the benchtop. The tiles are different from the rest of the kitchen floor. My mother chose smooth surface tiles (manufactured particularly for walls) as they resist dirt.
After double checking, the constructor found out that they were short of a few more tiles in order to finish the task.
<- After laying a row of tiles, the manor went for morning break together with the constructor and his son. They also took the chance to fetch the balance tiles.
<- By lunch, the floor was beautifully tiles. On the other hand, two tiles were broken down and replaced with new ones. Actually, the plan was only replacing one tile but the constructor's son was careless while breaking the first tile; he broke the tile besides it. I had no idea why they had to remove the tile at the first place. They said there was a defect. If I would know that it was just a little crack at the edge. I would prevent them from creating so much mess.
After lunch, the manor fixed the tiles on the wall. At the same time, the supplier for the kitchen door came. Our kitchen door looked like being attacked by some bugs (hopefully not termites) and deteriorated. Therefore, my mother had request for a new wooden door from the constructor. They claimed that the door costed RM4++. Anyway, I did not trust them. I believe that it cost less.
<- Some ruins found on the door - a sign being attacked by bugs.
<- The door was left together with the wooden cabinet in front of the house. After that, the door supplier had them carried away with a huge lorry. I have not idea where they will end up at; in landfill, burned or ????.

The new door is shining :) ->
The door knob was removed from the damaged door and attached to the new one.

<- The view of the door open taken from inside the kitchen.
The other side of the door; facing the toilet ->
No comments:
Post a Comment