~ Ingredients ~
A. Main
1. 3 medium size eggs
2. 140g of sugar
3. 30ml of water
4. 1 tsp of flour
B. Caramel Sugar
1. 30g of sugar
2. 100ml of water
3. 7 tsp santan powder
Steps to prepare Kaya
1. Caramelize the sugar.
2. Mix well the flour with sugar.
3. Add eggs into the mixture and mix well until the sugar dissolved in the mixture.
4. Dissolve the santan with warm water and add into the mixture.
(In this case, I dissolved the santan in the caramel sugar.)
5. Add the caramel into the mixture.
6. Steam the mixture for about 1/2 hour or until the batter is cooked.
I had to modify my cooking method and utilise whatever cooking utensils I had on-hand. I used 2 pots with different sizes to cook the kaya; one (which is smaller) to contain the mixture and another for boiling water.
Stir the mixture occasionally to allow it to cook well.
Alas! The kaya is ready :D. It was left for cooling so that I can store them in a plastic container.
1 comment:
i tried ...
tak jadi..
Post a Comment